Saturday, November 29, 2008

disney on ice

i have always been fascinated with disney animations. i didn't really grow up with it. i have to say that my childhood, when it comes to disney characters, that is, started when i was in first year high school. the time when we had a vhs player and a weekly tape rental from the one and only movie rental shop in our town.

the moment i sit in front of the telly, it was as if some magical dust was sprinkled on me, and i was carried away in a far far away fantasy land with all the beautiful princesses, spells, flying carpet and the magical transformation of one character into another. once is not enough. i actually had a habit of rewinding and rerewinding the tape until my need for highly fanciful stuff was fulfilled.

my classic favorite is beauty and the beast. for who could ever learn to love a beast except belle and me? this animation took me to the highest level of phantasm. i would love to be surrounded by talking candlesticks, closets, clock and i have the need for a bottomless tea from mrs. pots. my deepest love for this animation is still apparent up to now, for i can still memorize the lines and the lyrics of the songs. and i think belle's gown is the most wondrous of them all. and beast is the most gorgeous of all the princes.

so, on january 17, 2009, i will be seeing for real the characters of my childhood fantasies. i will be at the oslo spektrum and surrender to the magical spell of disney on ice.

No comments: