Friday, November 4, 2011

marathon

i made 'para' to the manong driver just after the chinese-filipino friendship arc along calle real at 13:46 in the afternoon. manong was enjoying chatting with another jeepney driver and i was running out of time. four minutes left before the biometrics will mark me late.

in a super hot and sunny day in iloilo city, i ran a 4-minute marathon. i passed through the chinese stores, "binangon" vendors, central market, gaisano guanco and bombo radyo. my curly hair ruffled here and there as i counterstriked the wind. i heard cat calls and cheers from the "tambays" in the street. their annoying voices made me ran faster.

i made a record-breaking climb to the second floor. my silky blue shirt was sticking to my skin and sweat was coming out of my glands in an unlimited flow. with my heart beating like it was about to burst out of my chest and my legs shaking like they were ready to give in, i caught up with the biometrics at 13:50.

whoah!!!! it was a good way to burn the excess calories in my body, but....

i'm pleading to myself now...no unplanned runs anymore, please..........

No comments: