Wednesday, January 12, 2022

locking the pappa out of the cafe

yesterday.  a  snowy  morning  as  i  walk  my  way  to  work  at  5.  i  was  already  thinking,  well,  i  have  to  prepare  breakfast  really  fast  and  clean  the  stairs before  the  customers  come.  which  i  did.  but,  i  didn't  have  so  much  time  to clean  the  snow  off  the  stairs  when  one  of  the  regular  pappa's  of  the  cafe came.  when  he  saw  me  cleaning  up,  he  shushed  me  to  go  inside  and  offered to  do  the  cleaning  for  me.  i  refused,  of  course,  but  he  insisted.  so,  i  gave him  the  brush,  thanked  him  and  went  inside. 

i  continued  doing  my  work  in  the  kitchen.  after  a  while,  i  heard  a  knock  on  the  door.  i  wondered  what  it  was,  then  i  ignored  it  and  went  on  with  my  task.  the  knocking  went  on.  one  of  the  regular  customers  stood  up  and went  to  the  front  door  and  opened  it. 

gosh!!!  it  was  the  pappa  who  helped  me  clean  up  the  snow.  it  turned  out  that  i  forgot  to  unlock  the  door  when  i  came  in  and  ended  up  locking  him out!  what?!  with  all  the  help  that  he  gave  to  me!  how  can  i  do  that  to  him? i  was  so  embarrassed  and  apologized  to  him  many  times.  he  said,  it's  okay.  i still  felt  terrible.  i  still  feel  terrible.

you  know,  i'm  really  thankful  that  there  are  still  people  who  are  so helpful.  it's  warming  to  the  heart  to  think  that  people  are  nice  and  care about  others. 

i  care  about  the  pappa  who  helped  me  out  yesterday.  i'll  make  sure  that  he won't  be  locked  out  of  the  cafe  on  a  snowy  morning  anymore...

No comments: