Tuesday, September 8, 2009

knitting

i finished knitting my first hat yesterday : ) and i am so proud of myself!

sharon, my knitting mentor, was on the verge of throwing me out of her apartment at 10 in the evening. she lost her patience with a slow-learner like me. i, on the other hand, was so intent in sucking all that i needed to know from her before she leaves for Denmark. so, in an hour or so, she taught me how to decrease, increase, do some stitches other than the normal one. boy, was she tired of me! but i really made my first hat! at least MY patience has paid off! haha!

...my mother would be shocked if she knew that i am knitting. she tried to teach me this domestic skill when i was in grade school. i didn't have the will and patience to learn something SO boring that time...

No comments: