Tuesday, January 18, 2011

surreal yet so real

standing by the kitchen's breakfast counter, kjersti and i talked about my soon "departure" from Norway. when she started to have teary eyes, i diverted the topic into a much lighter tone. i don't want to cry...not yet.

kjersti can't believe that it has been two years already since i arrived here, and it seems surreal to her that i am leaving soon...exactly eight days from now, if the police gets really excited to kick me off of sogn og fjordane. she has an on-hold-booked ticket for me, in case we get another denial from UDI. if things come to worst, at least we are ready.

in a way, i have accepted this fate. i slept well last night and hopefully, tonight too.

when i called mabeth and ate hazel to tell them that i might be going home on the 26th, it felt surreal for me too. but when i looked at my packed luggage, it felt so real!

No comments: