Wednesday, February 2, 2011

a-girls

on my first day at the university, i met tara, eunice, chandra and gina. since then, we were inseparable as we cope with the eccentricities of our professors, went through cheering rehearsals, researched and rehearsed for our bc productions, auditioned for intermedius and had sleep-overs at each others houses. after graduation, we packed our bags and head on to the real world as we searched for jobs in cebu. we were there at each others lowest and highest moments. we had "us".

a few years after, we realized we had different callings. tara went back to iloilo, chandra moved to manila, gina reunited with her family in manila, i moved back to iloilo after a couple of years in cebu and eunice was the only one whom cebu really called for.

tara and i were inseparable again. we developed an addiction to movies and we were always present in the cinemas. we still had sleep-overs and eventually i moved in with her into big brother's house with all the crazy housemates. we had news from chandie, nice and gina from time to time. we once visited eunice in cebu when we heard that she was pregnant. i met chandra in manila when i was processing my visa.

we're all far apart from each other but in spirit, we're still entwined. i give credit to the internet for connecting us and for making it possible for us to catch up with each others lives.

today, we caught each other online. chandra, tara and i. we had a great talk and my tummy and jaw ached for laughing too much. i haven't laughed boisterously for a long time, but today, my laughter made up for all the missed times. oh, i almost fell off my chair.

it was good to catch up with friends whom i've known half my lifetime...friends who have seen me at my worst and still love me...who have encouraged me to be tough...who have been with me at my happiest and saddest episodes...friends who never left me no matter how we've grown apart.

a-girls, i love you! let's fill this world with happiness, love and laughter!

No comments: