Friday, January 1, 2021

sleeping through 2020 to 2021


i might have done it last year, too. but yes, i slept while the rest of the world was welcoming 2021 with all hopes of a better year.

i didn't mean it, though. we were watching "the sisters" movie on tv after dinner. i wasn't so excited with the welcoming of the new year, but i was determined to stay awake. Jukka bought a box of sparkler for me and i wanted to play with it. sparks make me happy. alas, i went to dreamland!

i heard fireworks (was it in my dreams or in reality)... but i can't go back to being awake once my sleepy head has rested on a pillow. 

my alarm woke me up at 7:03 in the morning on the first day of 2021. i have come to appreciate the silence in the morning when everyone else is still asleep. also, the view outside made me happy. it snowed the other day, so the trees and the rooftop were covered with snow. and there was a pinkish glitter behind the trees. it was beautiful! 


on my way to work, i saw a lot of people going for a walk in the forest. the view was just amazing! it's like Narnia! everything was covered with snow. it's not everyday that i get that kind of view while driving to work. January 1st 2021 was beautiful! i don't feel sorry that i missed the fireworks at midnight....

Happy New Year!!!








No comments: