Monday, May 2, 2022

day 65 of 365 | the life of Joanna Marie


daddy had a brilliant idea yesterday, that my phone needed updating. i was trying to search for an app and i couldn't find it. i know that my phone is an old model. daddy thought it just needed updating. so, he asked me to change my phone's language to Finnish so he'll understand everything that it says there for updating. a few seconds after he pressed "update" my phone went black. i tried to turn it on but it didn't respond. i charged it, but nothing happened. 

today, i took my phone to work. daddy said i should take my phone to one repair shop near the mall. i planned to go there after work. anyway, it's very near the cafe, so it's no effort.

at work, i told the story to Fefi, my co-worker. she's young and i know she's more knowledgeable about gadgets. she tried to do something with my phone but nothing worked. while i was eating my lunch, she came to my table laughing and said, "your phone is old". yeah, i know that! 😁 

when another co-worker came for the evening shift, i updated her with stuffs, and told her that my phone is dead and they can't reach me for the time being. she mentioned that i can call my network provider and ask them about it. so i did. but they couldn't help me because my phone is "old". they suggested that i go to this one place where they fix phones. it's near our home, so after daddy's work, we went there. but it was the same thing. they said they could change the lcd and battery but it will take time and money. so it's better to get a new phone.

ugh! well, my phone was working nicely until the updating. so much so for daddy's brilliant idea 😒

the positive side of the story is, i was more focused today. i didn't really miss not having a phone. it's actually nice not to scroll on instagram and other apps. i think, i'm liking this...hmmmm...😉😏

No comments: