Wednesday, August 24, 2011

my personal shrink

Janice should have been a shrink. she, surely, would have been a renowned one. she's the best listener ever and the source of a bottomless enlightening thoughts. if she were a shrink, i couldn't afford her...imagine how glad i am that she's my friend! :)

our wednesday novena resumed when i got back here last March and i needed prayer warriors to appeal to the greater power to help me pass my UiS application. well, i didn't get in. but my prayer warriors remain. oh, Mabeth left already. so that makes Janice my ultimate prayer warrior.

so, after every novena, we would trace our way to the plaza and choose a bench (most of the time, we'd face Rizal). we'd talk about anything, her tita, her family, her plans, my fears, her Matti, my Pulutong among any other things. we'd talk over a pack of chips, a plastic of peanuts, bowls of batchoy and bottles of softdrinks. other times, we'll take a walk around the gates of the church and when we complete the full circle, we would ask each other "where are we going?" and we'd burst into laughter. even the heavy rain couldn't stop us from hanging around each other a wee moment after every wednesday mass.

the best thing about being with Janice is that she clears my mind from worries, reassures me that things will be fine, and she confirms that i am perfectly normal and that my reactions and feelings are reasonable. she makes me feel better, all the time.

i am so lucky to have a friend and personal shrink rolled into one. it is a great thing to have a friend who has known me since i was 12 and still stuck with me after twenty years. that's Janice S. Mondragon.



p.s. and just as i've published this write-up, i got a message from her. i am the luckiest person ever!

No comments: