Friday, August 5, 2011

revisiting Verona

I want to feel closer to my Pulutong. Since he's miles away and sleeping right now, i opted to see "Letters to Juliet"...that, at least makes me feel only an hour and a half away from him.

A year ago, i saw this movie and it made me cry. I cried because i felt happy for the wonderful destiny that brought Claire and Lorenzo back into each others arms after five decades. I cried because i thought it was so beautiful for people like Sophie to be passionate about something. I cried for so many reasons.... i pitied myself.

Today, as i revisited Verona, i cried. This time, i cried because i felt happy and grateful. I can relate to the elated feelings of Claire and Sophie. I cried because i'm in-love and i found myself a great man to love. I cried because after so many years of searching, looking and tossing all sides and possibilities of this crazy little thing called love, i have finally found my soulmate. The "one" who makes my world go round, the most sensitive person i have ever known, the man who never gives up on me no matter how stubborn and annoying i can get, the very person who makes me laugh, the Man whom i am going to love for the rest of my life. My Pulutong, My Life, My One, My Everything.

In the later part of the movie, Claire read "Juliet's" response to her 50-year old letter. It said:

Dear Claire,

"What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if? I don't know how your story ended but if what you felt then was true love, then it's never too late. If it was true then, why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart. I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like - love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I will have the courage to seize it. And, Claire, if you didn't, I hope one day that you will.

All my love,

Juliet


i am seizing that feeling now. i am ready to face the consequences. i am in-love and i have the courage to follow my heart.



p.s. sometimes, I still ask myself, what if? What if i missed the pleasure of meeting Pulutong in this lifetime. Oh, believe me, it's unimaginable. I cannot see myself without him. He has become a part of me now and i couldn't think of me without him anymore.

No comments: