Monday, March 27, 2017

running away from running


i can walk and hike for many miles but the farthest that i can run? i say, a run for about 500 meters is too much 😞 so i just avoid it as much as i can. like, a have a track record for being late all the time but when i have to catch my bus or train, then i'm forced to run. so i won't be late. when that happens, i make a promise to myself that i will leave the house earlier, so that i won't have to run. 

what is it with running that i don't like? hmmmm... it's that pain in my lungs when i can no longer catch my breath. that's it. after 500 meters of running, i'm like a dying person grasping for some moments to live.

for some reason (me gaining chocolate weight, obviously), the captain have been encouraging me to run. and for a few evenings now, when we take a walk with Fasu, we would run for some time as far as my lungs can take me. it's fun when i'm running with them. i don't mind the pain in my lungs so much. 

i can't decide yet if i'm going to embrace and love this exercise. i can try....

No comments: