Saturday, June 20, 2020

dropping a shoe along the motorway

if Cinderella was driving in the fairytale, would she lose her other shoe while driving her horse-drawn carriage? anyway, i just remembered Cinderella with what happened to me today.

as planned, i was to go to the summerhouse after work. as i stopped in an intersection a few hundred meters from my workplace, the driver of the car behind me honked his her horn twice. i wondered what his problem was. there was a 'STOP' sign so i need to stop. when i turned right and started to speed up, i heard a thud from the roof of the car. as 60km/hour turned into 80km/hour, i saw my sneakers fall to the top of the trunk from the rearview mirror. then i realized, oh, maybe that's the reason why the other driver was honking his horn! i can't stop driving because there were other cars behind me and maybe i could have stopped somewhere but i didn't want to. i was too scared to pull over the road.

the story of the sneakers on the roof of the car goes like this...when i got out of my workplace, i had my backpack, drinks on the right hand, sneakers and phone on the left. i put the sneakers on the roof so I'll have an extra hand to open the car and put my things in it. i thought i will remember to take my sneakers in too. but i didn't. so that's the story.

i arrived in the summerhouse safe and with just one pair of sneakers. 

lesson learned: never put anything on the roof of the car because more or less, you'll forget about it. unless you have a good memory, of course. 

p.s. has this ever happened to you?
 

No comments: