Friday, June 19, 2020

i got my driver's license at 40

....at 40, almost turning 41.

i enrolled in a driving school two years ago. after six driving sessions, i stopped going there because winter came. and i was scared to drive in the snow. i said to myself that i will go back to my driving classes in the spring. the next autumn came, then next winter...i still haven't paid a visit to the school. hehehe. i'm that kind of student who procrastinates. 😏

so last spring, i finally went back to school because daddy has been pushing me to. around first week of April, i took my driving test, and i failed! i was kind of dramatic after the instructor said that i have to take the test again because well, i made a lot of mistakes. 

it was funny, because when i first took the driving test, i was more confident with my skills. so when i got the result, i felt frustrated. i didn't even want to drive anymore.

then again, i have to be realistic and face the fact that i really need to drive to work when i have morning shifts and weekend schedules. also around this Juhannus time when the buses are not available. can you imagine, last year, in Juhannus, i had to ride my bike to work! two hours of biking to work, 8 hours of work and another two hours back home. i was super dead tired after that. and i didn't want to do that again.

that thought motivated me to try my luck again. i booked another schedule for the test. i told daddy that if i won't pass the test this time, we'll have lunch at mcdonald's to make myself feel better. and i was praying that i will get another instructor. but as we drove to the parking area of the checking company, i already saw the man outside the office. in my mind, i was wishing that he's just hanging out there talking to friends. but when i was about to enter the office, he came to me and said, 'no niin...'... oh gosh! well, there are just some things that we have no control of. 

i was nervous during the test. i was even expecting to fail again. but then, i passed! i was surprised! really! but i'm thankful. and surprised. hahaha! so exactly, a week from now, on the Philippine independence day, i passed my second attempt to getting a license to drive. 😁

p.s. I'll probably write about my first day of driving alone next time...😅

No comments: