Monday, June 1, 2020

first day at work after the quarantine

i planned to have a smooth first day back to work. but you know, sometimes things just need a bit of a drama. well, i left home early. i took a nice walk to the bus stop. i waved to the first bus that i saw coming and hopped in. when i was about to pay for my bus card, the driver said that she doesn't accept cash and i can't pay by card either. when i asked her where i can reload my bus card, she pointed me to the train station. the thing is, if i go to the train station, i will be late for my next bus to work. the driver just shrugged. great!

i got off manang's bus and tried my luck on the next one. this time, the driver told me that i can reload my card at one kiosk in the city center. he asked me to just get in and he'll drop me there. wow! such an angel! i'm truly thankful to that driver.

on the bus to work, i was thinking of how i just wanted to be at home...edit my videos, play with Fasu and Amanda or bake, read, whatever... i tried to divert my attention to the familiar fields and lakes that we passed by. i was calm, though. i wasn't hyperventilating with indifference. i was just soothingly admitting to myself that i don't feel happy to go back to work. 

there's a new set-up at work. it was reasonable and safe for everyone. the customers were friendly and nice. my co-workers said it was nice to see each other again after a while. there was a time when customers had to fall in line and times when it was quiet. it was just a perfect balmy working day.

on the bus back home, i was reminded of how i love sightseeing while traveling. it makes me feel relaxed. these days the dandelions are in full bloom and the fields are all yellow. the sun has been shining brightly and its reflection on the lake was blinding. the kids were playing on the field. the apple trees on people's yards are in bloom, as well, making them look like reachable clouds. people are wearing t-shirts and shorts, girls wearing flared dresses, people eating ice cream, bikers, Harley Davidson riders, teenagers who play loud music while driving, the crisp giggle of young girls at the back of the bus...all these and more are my memories of my first day back at work. 


No comments: