Tuesday, November 24, 2009

smitten

a visit to the dental clinic was not really my idea of a good tuesday morning. but thanks to Kjersti, who booked an appointment for my dental check-up with dr. frank-jakob sandbakk, i was in an early morning rush to catch my dental consultation at 09:30.

i was right on the dot when i arrived in the clinic. i was told to wait for a while. then, the dental assistant took a couple of pictures of my dents. after a minute or so, she led me to a room.

there and then, i was smitten! he introduced himself and offered his hand for a handshake. mystified and stunned, i shook his hand and smiled. everything was silent then. i was engulfed by his presence. i can't take my eyes off his thick eyebrows. they were beautiful eyebrows. he led me to the dental chair. reality snapped back to me when i saw the dental apparatus. they weren't pleasant to my eyes. (i have always been scared of dental check-ups and this one is no exception.) i just wanted to look at his eyebrows and internalize that everything's gonna be fine. but the lights blinded me and when he started checking and poking on each tooth in my mouth, i felt embarrassed. my mouth is such a dreadful place. it is an awful thing when you reveal your darkest side to someone who had just bewitched you. urgh! minus points.

he worked on my teeth for half an hour. he told me that i need to have one of my tooth pulled out. WHAT?! ain't i too old to be agonized by the thought of having a tooth extraction? he asked me if i could come back tomorrow. i asked him if there is any chance for an appointment next week. it will give me time to think whether or not will i have my tooth removed.

if and only if i'll come back to his clinic on wednesday next week, it will be because i was enamoured with his beautiful eyebrows and his handsome face.

ps. i talked to kjersti about my dental check-up today and she assured me that if i'll decide to go on with the extraction i'm in good hands with dr. sandbakk. so help me God....

No comments: