Thursday, November 12, 2009

unprepared

i am narcissistic. i admit that. i could spend hours and hours in front of the mirror admiring whatever is (i think) admirable in me.

i love pictorials. i love it when my friends take pictures of me. i love to pose and project. years of pictorial for friendster's purposes have developed my love for the camera. i know my angles, how wide my smile should be, when to make faces and when to make the moments appear candid. i'm not pretty, so, at least, i want to be prepared for photo shoots. always.

today was an exception. i went to the police to have my passport stamped for my extension visa. i didn't know that they will take a picture of me. i was shocked when the police said that i should take my jacket off and sit on a chair and face the spaceship-like machine. i was shocked that i didn't even care how i looked. the police even said to me, "maybe you'd like to see yourself in the mirror first". OMG! i didn't like what i saw. but they didn't have the whole day and i didn't have my kikay kit with me.

it was like a death sentence. i was advised to look at the white flashy thing in that spaceship-like machine and keep my lips together. of course, the machine was designed for tall people! when tall people have their picture taken from that machine they would be on eye-level with that flashy thing. of course, i am a midget compared to them! and you know what, when i got my passport back, my picture on it was like...is it a bird, is it a plane or is it an alien attack? imagine that! and it would be on my passport forever. okay. only until it expires. but still...

*thunder and lightning*

No comments: