Sunday, November 8, 2009

so help me, G....

in fairness, i've been practicing for my TOEFL exam, which is scheduled a couple of weeks from now. what i didn't know, is that i've been studying for the paper-based test, when in fact, i should be working on the iBT test! stupid me!

for some reasons, i was inpired to google for free online iBT practice last night. goodness gracious! i was shocked! my brain was paralyzed for a while. so, okay then. i started to work on it.

the practice test was more on reading comprehension, which is my waterloo. i am a slow reader. normally, i would read a passage over and over again. at times, my eyes just brush through the words on the pages of a book. passive reading. but i can't do that when i work on the exam. how about reading a passage for 45 seconds and understanding everything? heller? i can't even finish reading a couple of paragraphs in that time span! how much more understanding what the text was all about!

my nose is bleeding!

practice...practice...practice and more practice! that is just what i need to do.

if it comes to worse, i hope mabeth's novena will work : )

No comments: