Wednesday, September 29, 2010

distraction

my mind has been pre-occupied by my "personal story-teller" whom i miss so much and is in a far far away land now. i have been annoying Felix with my whimpering and whinning these past days so i decided to distract myself.

what i did to divert my attention:

1. i spent the weekend in Paris with ate Hazel.

there was nothing so magical than to be in Disneyland. to be close to
the princesses and princes, magical and enchanting castles, scary rides,
universal studios, happy souls of kids, teenagers and adults, cute
store supervisors in the souvenir shop (; )), cold and rainy weather,
having a rainjacket, train ride, getting a big hug from Minnie Mouse,
seeing the dream parade under the heavy rain, bumping into a dancing
daddy while pushing his kid's stroller, having a stranger join in
in our pictorials, meeting someone from capiz, falling in a long line to
get into the rides, and just be with a crazy friend.

yes! Disneyland was a great distraction!

but before getting to Disneyland, i still have "my personal story-
teller" in mind, that i took the wrong train and didn't realize that
we're in the wrong direction not until the second to the last train
stop. tsk! tsk!

...however, the boat ride along the Sienne River didn't help at all. the
entire hour of cruising just made me thought of "my PST" and how i
wished that he was with me. sigh!

2. i trimmed my hair

yes, as insane as it may sound, i actually cut my hair. for
distraction! but i got so excited to be distracted that i hastily cut
3-inches (or more : () of my hair. i slashed here and there to make my
hair a little nicer. i got worried when i saw how short it was but i
can't put my hair back, can i? sniff...sniff..it will grow back anyway.

3. i took a walk in the forest

it's out-of-flåt season again, so i was determined to hit the road up
to the forest. it has been a cold but sunny day...so it was perfect for
me. it felt good to walk on the damp earth, feel the wind on my face,
blinded by mr. sun's rays, feel my heart burn as i gained speed in
walking, to be able to write in the "book" again.

4. i write and write and write

that's what i'm doing now...but all i can think about is "my PST"...


are my distractions effective?

No comments: