Wednesday, September 8, 2010

my personal story-teller

nobody ever read a bedtime story to me before. when i was a child, i would sleep on my mother's lap while she was stroking my hair...or i just fell asleep while watching television. and what i loved the most at that time was, when i feel my mom's arm around me when she lifts me up from the sofa and put me into bed. it was heaven : )

then, as i was growing up, i learned to read. from then on, i wandered almost everywhere with the characters in the books that i've read. i have been to the middle earth with the dwarves, hobbits and orcs; to the angel's dwelling place in Samaria; to the river in Dumangas with the chocolate-colored kids jumping into and swimming in the river; to the age of chivalry and fell in love with the handsome knights; to Forks, where i fell in love with a vampire and wished to be bitten by Edward; and so on...

i became a passionate reader. every night before going to sleep, i would open a book and allow myself to be possessed by the author.

four days ago, however, a magical thing happened. a wonderful person surfaced into my life. he makes me laugh so hard that my tummy aches. he is so easy to be with that i couldn't help but be comfortable with him, eventhough it was the first time that we met. he is so sweet and he always has something to talk about. there was never a dull moment when i was with him. he would make faces out of the blue. he would make outrageous sound effects and hand gestures. oh, i love those wooshing-swaaassshing sounds! he is a gentleman...and i love him...and he is my personal story-teller.

who would have thought that i would hear my first bedtime story at the age of mmmmmmm...29?

that night, i couldn't be contained. i was looking forward for the story. and when the time came, i savoured every moment of it. i closed my eyes and tried to imagine everything that my personal story-teller was narrating to me. but like a child, i had questions that i couldn't help but ask. my personal story-teller had to shut me up. and i've learned the first rule in story-telling: when you're not the story-teller, you don't talk! ; ) so i closed my eyes again and deluged my imagination into the dark, scary attic with the little boy and girl and the bloody orange.

my first bedtime story was a scary one. and i loved it!

a couple of nights ago, my personal story-teller had a story for me again. this time, it was a love story which has a very promising possibility to be published! hahahaha! however, i only get to listen to the first chapter...for the succeeding chapter or chapters are yet to be told. i have to compose myself and wait and look forward to what's about to happen.

i am so lucky and happy to have my own story-teller...mmmmm...just wondering how would it be like listening to stories (instead of reading) every night before going to bed......


p.s.: to my personal story-teller, i love you! (more!) and i will be your passionate listener ; )

No comments: