Tuesday, September 21, 2010

got me!

it is true. when people who are in-love say, that their world only revolve around that special person whom they are in love with...that all they can think about is that person...

for such a long time, i have forgotten how it felt to love and be loved. the memories of my "young love" is such a blur that i can't grasp even the slightest feeling of it. all i can remember is that, when i was in-love, i was brave! i was outrageous and giving! i just....love!

then, the time came when my heart was broken. it weakened me. the pain that it brought me was too much to bear that i can't even talk about it to my friends or my mom. so i had to go away, be alone and come to terms to such heartbreak. it's unbelievable how one heartbreak can change your perspective about love forever.

so, for some time now, i have learned to shield myself for self-preservation. i have vowed that i wouldn't let anyone hurt me for whatever reason at all. i wouldn't let anyone rattle my safety retreat within myself. i had to protect myself from anyone because if i couldn't cover for myself, then, who else could? it's me and myself against the world.

but hey! cupid's got me! i tried to resist the feeling that his drugged arrow has caused me. but the feeling is too wonderfully strong that my shield has finally gave in. i am brave again! and outrageous! and giving! and in-love! suddenly all the cobwebs and gray nooks of the past have been forgotten and replaced by an unexplainable happiness and intense euphoria. i remember all the songs again. and i sing all the time. i laugh. i cry. i love.

i am lucky to be in-love. i am lucky to find love amidst this crazy world. i am lucky to love freely. i am happy to belong to somebody. i am lucky and happy to be loved in return.

i feel safe. i feel covered. i am in-love and i am loved.

it is true. love has its mysterious ways of creeping into your slumbering heart and waking you up and opening your eyes to see how wonderful this world is.

No comments: