Tuesday, May 17, 2011

33rd

my parents will be celebrating their 33rd year of marriage tomorrow, the 18th of may.

this is one of the times when i feel truly proud of them. true, 33 years didn't just come to this in the sweetest route. their path of being together has been a hard one. but they didn't give up and made it to this.

sacrifices. my parents had to sacrifice a lot of things for us. my father had to work abroad for almost 11 years to give us a bright future and a comfortable way of life. my mom had to work all through those years that my father was away to help with the finances too. they didn't spend much time together (hmmm, i just realized that now) but at least, they're catching up with the missed times and are still together until now.

fights. oh well, they sure had a hell lot of them. i have been a witness to some of those "not-so-easy" moments. it wasn't one of the glorious seasons of their marriage! they got even close to separation! i was not able to witness that fight, but hearing about it from my cousin, i'm sure it was pretty bad! it was hell-bad, because my mom had to live with her sister for a week! pretty tough, huh!

love. i wouldn't qualify my parents for the "sweet couple" award. they're not showy with their affection in front of the kids...us. but i'm sure that their doting for each other lies in the deepest recesses of their beings. (naks!) and they call each other "bords". not sugary yet cool! i find that very cool, actually!

it's true what they say about, marrying someone whom you love to talk to. that is so true about my parents. i personally don't love the idea of spending a lot of time talking to them, especially to my father, but when i see both of them talking to each other, it's like never-ending...like, "wow! what are they talking about? and what's there to talk about?"

i am grateful to the stork who delivered me to my parents. as the first baby in the family, i'm sure i have been showered with so much love, hugs and kisses. (i said i'm sure because by the time i got "awareness" my parents were so busy with making money, that they forgot we needed hugs and kisses too. but this is no time for what should have beens.....

to my nanay and tatay, i love you both, so much. thank you for everything that you have done for our sake. congratulations for making it this far! happy 33rd!

No comments: