Sunday, May 22, 2011

a mother's touch

i have been suffering from a terrible headache since wednesday afternoon. i was in cyber niche when i suddenly felt my head spinning. since that day, i had the notion that my head wass getting heavier. the pain would revive the moment i gained consciousness. it would start on the front lobe of my brain and would linger at the back of my head. i had to hold on to something when i get up from my bed just to make sure that i don't fall on the floor.

this morning, it was the same. the pain was still there (mainly because i refused to take the medicine that my mother gave me).

i went to the kitchen to find my mom preparing something for breakfast. i complained about my headache the moment i got in the room. she listened patiently to my ramblings, went out of the room, then came back with a bottle of "herbal oil" or something of that sort. she put a drop of that oil on her palm, rubbed it on my neck and massaged my scalp, my head, my kukote. it felt soothing. what a treat early in the morning! i felt okay...not entirely headache-free...but okay : )

mothers know best, they say! i believe it now, along with the "healing effect" of a mother's touch.

thank you, nanay : )

No comments: