Thursday, June 16, 2011

missing link

i rummaged through my old stuffs this morning and i found a notebook where i kept all the text messages from my friends. the notebook is ten years old...so are the messages.

i was attacked by nostalgia right away. some messages made me laugh, some made me confused, some made me smile...but all of them made me long for all my friends who sent all those messages to me.

it took me back to a time when i was surely lost for i have just gotten out from the comforts of home. it made me see a very fragile girl, shocked for being in the real world for the first time and unsure of what that place has to offer her or what she can tender to it.

what amazed me though, is the fact that during that confusion period, i had friends who stuck with me and saw me through it all. we looked after each other and asked another to look after the other. that, to me, is very comforting. even after that metamorphosis, and even if i have to go through another one, i know in my heart that there is nothing for me to fear because i have friends whom i have shared a very special bond with and they have contributed a lot as i emerged from my cocoon. and even though we don't get in touch as often as we used to, i know that they are always there and will always be there for me.

i dedicate this blog to my patient friends: edgar salvador romena buyco jr., mariphel aubrey dagami, janice mondragon, marie tara rose lozano-molina, rosemarie jane dela pieza dasig and julian reynier tormon rando.

i thank you all so much for everything. i will always treasure our friendship, to eternity and forevermore. i love you, guys!

No comments: