Friday, June 3, 2011

pizza hut, elias and the bell

when i come to think of it, the movie date which turned out to be a lunch date with janice and mabeth last wednesday, was the first time ever that we went out, just the three of us, without the hubbub from our distant friends.

it was mabeth's idea to eat at pizza hut, which janice and i instantly agreed to. we sat patiently and chatted endlessly at the entrance while we waited to be accommodated. a good fifteen minutes later, a waiter led us to a vacant table. as he handed the menu to us and suggested for this and that, i can't help but stare at him, half-listening to his blah blah's. he was so over-flowing with confidence that was so impressive. i liked him instantly.

i shrunk and wouldn't look at him everytime that he pass by our table, and sometimes he would stop by to ask if we're doing okay or if we need anything else. i felt my face turn red when he took away our empty soup bowls. he held out his hand and i looked intently at his smooth palm and elongated fingers and i wanted to stretch out my hand to him. by then, mabeth and janice realized what's happening and they wanted to walk out on me and knock my head on the wall...or knock my head on the wall first then they'd walk out on me. but since they are my friends, they stormed me with their laughter, plus mabeth kicked me from across the table : (

clearly, elias is gay. but his carefree bearing was so attractive, and the aura that he exuded was so positive that whatever distress anyone was feeling at that moment, would fade away. that was how over-powering his presence was (to me, at least). however, his nearness overwhelmed me that i had to put my head in my bag to be able to breath. in the end, after an hour of tossing my pasta around my plate, mabeth asked for the bill. luckily, another waiter came to attend to us. i was able to breath normally again.

since i was so entertained by elias' gayish charm, and mabeth and janice were so satisfied with their pasta and pizza, mabeth did the honors of ringing the "i-am-happy-i-ate-here" bell on our way out. all the waiters at the resto stopped whatever they were doing when they heard the bell rang and clapped their hands. i was surprised and embarrassed that i didn't even dare to look back.

...yes, the sound of the bell woke me up from my "elias" enchantment...

No comments: