Wednesday, November 10, 2010

happy 2

a couple of years ago, exactly on this day, i set foot on the beautiful soil of Stryn.

i remember how amazed i was when Finn-Einar toured me around the centrum in the dark November evening. in less than three minutes, he already showed me the entire centrum (by car of course ; )). while fighting my jet-lagged head, i helped him prepare pasta for dinner. then while he was cooking, Kjersti, Felix and Oscar came home. Felix gave me a bouquet of flowers and the first thing that he said to me was "jeg er glà i deg". i had to ask Kjersti what Felix meant because i didn't understand it. and, oh! my heart quickly melted for the little guy! and on my first night here, i read for him a Norwegian bedtime story....på Dansk : )

two years have passed. a lot of wonderful things have happened. for example, i learned how to cook (boooo!!!); read på Norsk; met new people; found new friends; climbed Skåla and Slogen; fell in love with Oscar, the forest, mother nature and wild strawberries; tried to ski (boooo!!!); loved wine and alcohol all the more; finally had what they call a "nightlife"; and enjoyed every bit of family time that i had with the Kvamme's.

i never thought that i'd still be here on this day. but, well, here i am! i enjoyed the sunny cold day on the 10th of November. i snoozed my alarm 3 times before i got out of bed this morning, took Scott out for his morning ritual, had a hearty breakfast with Felix, read a few pages of "the memory keeper's daughter", strolled along the streets of Stryn for 2 hours with Felix, brought my power cable to the guy who's fixing my laptop, cuddled with Elvis and Scott, made chicken casserole for dinner, danced with lady gaga and....the day isn't over yet ; )

i love this family. i love this place. and on my 2nd year here, i'm as happy as i can be!

No comments: