Sunday, November 7, 2010

my first (and maybe last) snowfall

i felt heavy-hearted as i put on my jacket and went out for a walk in the forest. my mind is filled with so many thoughts lately...so a long walk in my comfort trail is just what i needed.

as i sat on "my throne" facing the fjord, the snow started to fall! oh, happiness! i feel happy everytime it snows...and the first snowfall is more special for me : ) i stayed seated on "my throne" until i couldn't contain my happiness anymore. i started to walk further...to the first book...to my favorite place in the forest...to the second book...down to the centrum...and back to prestestegen 17. normally, it takes me an hour max to walk the 6km around the forest. but today, it took me two hours. it was a bit childish, but i was trying to catch the snow with my mouth as i was walking, and danced around if i catch one.

...and i've never felt close to nature as much as i felt today. it was a wonderful feeling to just take the slowest pace possible, and listen to the chirping birds, the blurbing sound of the water and the wind and feel the snow on my face. even the silence was a wonderful thing!

i started off with a heavy-heart and came back home with a clear head, happy heart and a smiling face.

No comments: