Wednesday, November 3, 2010

stubborn me!

everytime we disagree about something, my mother used to tell me that my stubbornness is my strongest character....and it is also my worst. the last time i heard her say that was like, 10 years ago. when i started to set out on my own, she just stopped picking on me. but lately, my mother's statement is like a broken record that keeps on playing in my head.

if i set my mind into something, i do it, no matter what the consequences are. i'm spontaneous and outrageous, yes. and if i don't want something, i am one of a bull-headed girl. that gets to my mother's nerves. oh, how she hated me for being like that!

now, i am being stubborn again. this time, it's not my mother who scolds me. it's HG! she thinks i'm being unreasonable and impractical...for stubbornly declining an indecent proposal. i mean, hello!?!?! i may be a crazy fanatic for wanting to stay in this country rather than going back to where i came from, but there must be some other way that i can stay here than changing a fake "i do" and "happily ever after" with a stranger. i am not negotiable. i am not for sale. i am joanna marie bediones and i am stubborn! talk to my hand!

and besides, my heart is stubbornly in-love right now. my heart has, pretty much, a mind of its own and i can't meddle with it. HG calls it stupidity. i call it love. HG calls me, unrealistic. i call me, idealistic.

in this scary and unpredictable world, my dreams and idealisms are my backbone.

i go where my heart and mind leads me. the end-result of my decisions may not be as promising as everyone expects it to be, but i will do what i feel is right for me. i'm not here to please other people. i am here to live my life the way i want it to be. i am here in this planet to love whomever my heart chooses to love.

my mother calls me stubborn...and now and only now, i completely agree with her.




p.s. HG, please understand that i love Andrè, because i choose to love him...i may be hurt in the process, but pain is the backside of loving a person. i am prepared for that. what i am not prepared to is, being miserable with someone i don't love for the rest of my life. i am stubborn and i thank God for that.

i love you, HG.

No comments: