Friday, November 12, 2010

no chocolates allowed?!

not for me...not for me...

after his dental check-up with frank-jakob sandbakk today, Felix is no longer allowed to have chocolates. that's indefinitely.

he's not very fond of chocolates anyway. when he eats ice cream in cone, he throws the choco bits away. but he fondly eats a bar of snickers, because it's my favorite and it has become his favorite choco bar too : )

while we were strolling along the streets of Stryn after i picked him up from school this afternoon, i suddenly craved for a bar of chocolate. i wanted it so badly, that the thought of not having it made me feel like throwing up. so, i went to the store and bought a bar of mars. i offered half of it to Felix, forgetting that he is officially banned from having sweets. he reminded me that he's not allowed to have chocolates but he wants to, but he knows that he's not supposed to. then he asked me if he can have just a bite. it was my turn to remind him of the dentist's warning. i saw him purse his lips and when he does that, i can feel my heart vessels constrict with pity. and the devil in me said to him, okay, you can have a bite, but please don't tell your mom and i won't tell, too (with a devilish wink!) but then, he thought it over, and said, no, i won't have a bite even if i want to.

how's that?! i was moved by the child's strong determination to fight the temptation that the devilish joanna marie offered to him. very very impressive!

he should be my role model in self-conviction...

No comments: