Monday, November 22, 2010

why did God create girlfriends?

i believe that when God created girlfriends, he was thinking of me. because i'm the kind of person who would prefer to suffer in silence, but in the end, would run to my girlfriends and cry my heart out.

a girlfriend like ate Hazel loves to pry. she would call exactly at the same time when i am bursting into tears. maybe in one way or another, she felt my pain. she's the kind of girlfriend who would say, "stop it! stop crying! if i were there by your side i would bang your head on the wall! reality check!" yes, she can be harsh at times. but there are also times when she would silently say, "okay girl, just cry. cry it all out. you'd feel better afterwards. and make yourself a cup of tea. it helps."

a girlfriend like aby would say, "i can't believe that you could be so stupid to trust men. and cry over a guy? hello?! are you that stupid, joanna marie?" and when i can't control my sobs and tears, she would just be quiet, for a while, and say, "here, have some chocolates. eat the entire pack! eat!" aby is the kind who would give me a big-lifting hug when i am so down in the dumps.

a girlfriend like jillian would say, "that's karma. you're being punished for something..." most of the time, jillian is so convincing that i almost believe her that i am a bad person, until i talk to aby and she would say otherwise.

a girlfriend like sharon would say, "move on, girl. if a person doesn't like you, then you're not supposed to like them too. collect yourself and get up from the floor! now na!"

now i see, i have the bravest girlfriends in the world. they're the toughest kind. sometimes i wish they could be more soothing and kind in giving me their words of wisdom. but no! okay, i admit, the threats and harsh words are more effective. like, i need them to slap me or shake me or throw me into the wall or push me to the cliff, for me to wake up from my pathetic drama and denials.

whatever else were God's reasons for creating girlfriends, i gratefully thank Him for creating the strongest pack of girlfriends for me. He surely knows that i am the weakest kind...


...just a thought, if Felix were a girl, he would be the harshest girlfriend ever! ; )

No comments: