Friday, November 5, 2010

it's friday...and i'm alive!

i'm in a death row...or at least that's how i feel now and for these past days.

so, this is how it feels like when you're dying...i see things that i've taken for granted before. things seem a little bit clearer. like the color of the leaves, they just seem different to me. i've even noticed a hole on the big rock just right down the street. the air smells and feels different. i just want to close my eyes and feel the breeze as it kisses my face. the cold gentle wind embraces me every morning. i don't mind when it blows my newly ironed hair. the earth, with all the fallen autumn leaves feels so soft and vulnerable against my harsh feet. the rain feels more refreshing. the peeping sun amidst the cloudy skies makes me smile. oh, everything makes me smile! the chirping birds on the trees, Felix, the snow-capped mountains, the neighbor's cat, the coffee granules melting on steamed milk, Kjerti's hanging plants...everything!

on the way to Felix's school this morning, the old lady who lives along the highway was sleepily looking outside from her kitchen. she smiled and waved to me and Felix when she saw us walking by, and i smiled and waved back to her. this is one of the simple things that make me feel good and connected. i smile for all these simple reasons.

and i smile because it's friday!

No comments: